Rear view of the Energizer with custom cabby EV emblem
Cabby gets the close-up from BBB attendees
RTear Battery Pack in the trunk holding 8 US-125 6v PbA batteries
A view under the hood of the Energizer
Custom interior appointments in the Energizer done by HCEV
Grab the wheel and get the grin
Mike gets ready for the auto-cross races in the Energizer
This project includes the upgrade the original 1992 VW Cabby Energizer. The objectives of this project were to:
- replace the original 8: ADC DC motor with Warp 9" motor with upgraded Helwig Red Top brushes
- replace the original Curtis 1231c controller with a Zilla 1k Controller with Hairball and Hall Effect throttle
- replace the original 120v Lead Acid battery pack with 100 Calb 100 LiFeSO4 cells
- fabricate new environmentally controlled battery enclosures to mimic the footprint of original batteries and house 100 Calb LiFESO4 cells in three separate enclosures in two parrallel strings totally 165v nominal at 200ah for 3.3kw pack
- rewiring of battery cables
- install and configure eLithion Pro BMS System and cell boards
- upgrade charger to Manzanita Micro PFC 30 amp charger
- install J1772 public charging system integration
- upgrade all high voltagecomponents to support higher current and voltage
Battery, BMS and Charger Installation
100 Calb 100ah cells will be installed in three separate custom environmetally controlled aluminum enclosures. The front and rear enclosures will each house 40 cells. The middle enclosure under the back seat will house 20 cells.
The eLithion Pro BMS will be configured for 10x10 cell banks and 100 cell boards (one on each cell wired in series). The BMS will be located in the rear trunkof the vehicle.
The Manzanita Micro PFC 30 charger will be installed in the trunk as welland is capable of outputting up to 40 amps at up to 360 vdc. The J1772 plug will replace the original charger inlet plug in the gas cap location and will be integrated with a J1772 AVC2 logic board madeModular EV power.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
92 Cabby, EV Conversion, Lithium Upgrade, eLithion Pro BMS, J1772 Charging
2004 Gem Car Upgrade Battery Pack with Lithium cells, new BMS, and charger installation with J1772 Interface.
HCEVs Original Ebergizer 92 VW Cabby Upgrade soup to nuts including well everything.
Upgrade of a 52 Ford Custom Electric Step-side Pickup with re-cabled batteries, hydraulic bed lifter, and installation and J1772 charging Interface.
Upgrade of battery pack, charger, and fluid heater in original HCEV conversion of a 1996 Hyundai Elantra Wagon.
Installation of a Plug In Supply PHEV Conversion with CALB 40ah batteries and many enhancements to the original design.